Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 8.0 - Family Fun, Sun and Heat

July 5th was our day of celebration at my sister's place. My sister Jessie and brother-in-law Luis planned a party for their 2 year old, Viviana. Mike and I were more like an extra pair of hands for them and we were glad to do it. I helped my sister clean the house and do the shopping for the party and Mike...well, he risked his life in the name of childhood fun!

Luis and Mike went down to pick up the gift for the kids--a brand new trampoline! Exciting, right? Well, what might not know is that the weather in Houston that day was not exactly trampline-building friendly. It was hot and miserable at about 95 degrees and 1000% humidity. They were really brave souls to do that out there. I was sure Mike was close to heat stroke by the time they were done. Thankfully, Luis' brother Rafa came by to help and Mike was able to come in while they were putting on the finishing touches. Here's the fun they helped create!!






The party went really well and everyone had a great time, including Viviana!! Below are a couple of shots to commemorate the day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment